The present document can't read!
Please download to view
Please download to view
Download October 13-2013
- Welcome to Mission San Luis Rey Parish
- Our Faith Community is served by Franciscan Friars from the Province of Saint Barbara
- Thinking about FRANCISCAN SPIRITUALITY Service to others was one of St. Francis’ core values. Francis devoted himself to the service of the poor. This attention to social responsibility is a cornerstone of the Franciscan way of life.
- You Are Invited Kathryn Causee Called to Serve “Practicing for readings each Sunday allows me to gain a deeper understanding of God’s Word Kathryn Causee Lector Lectors Ministry and His love for us.” Please call: Marta Werner, Volunteer Coordinator 760-724-7393
- Old Mission San Luis Rey de Francia Presents You Deserve a Break Today! Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Entertainment, crafts for the kids, live entertainment and vendors at this FREE family-friendly event! Traditional food, chalk cemetery, and a classic car show showcasing trunk altars. Free Admission; Parking on Sunday $5 per car.
- You are invited to join the Samoan Community for White Sunday Oct 20th 2pm McKeon
- Welcome Sunday Thanks Thanks to all who spent countless hours preparing and working St. Francis Day and Welcome Sunday. We could not have done it without you! - Marta Werner
- “The word of God …is now at work in you who believe.” 1 Thes 2:7
- Social Concerns Thanksgiving Basket Drive
- Cooking With Kaitlin Call (760)757-3659 for info!
- You Are Invited Aurora Mangohig Called to Serve “Sacristans prepare our worship spaces & replenish needed supplies. What we do is our humble way to Kathryn Causee Sacristan Lectors Ministry serve God and His people.” Please call: Marta Werner, Volunteer Coordinator 760-724-7393
- The Feast of All Saints Holy Day of Obligation Friday, November 1, 2013 English: 7:30am Serra Center 11am (with OMMS) Serra Center English: 12 noon Old Mission Church Bilingual: 7pm Serra Center +++ If you would like to add the name of a loved one to our Parish SCROLLS, please call 757-3250, fax 757-3299 or e-mail at email@example.com with his/her name by Tuesday October 22.
- OLD MISSION RETREATS Advent Retreat with Fr. Garrett Galvin Friday, Nov. 1ST to Sunday Nov 3RD Call 757-3659 for info and to reserve!
- “You have but one teacher, and you are all brothers.” Mt 23:1-12
- “LET US BEGIN AGAIN.” St. Francis Refreshing Our Vision Friday, November 22 7pm Serra Center Saturday, November 23 9am to 3pm Serra Center
- Los Angeles Religious Education Conference Meet Catholics from around the world and people of all vocations and faiths Registration Guide is online now! Register and join us! www.recongress.org
- You Are Invited Called to Serve “The Baptism Team assists families who wish to have their infants and children brought into the Church. It’s fun and rewarding.” Penny Huber Kathryn Baptism Causee Ministry Lectors Please call: Marta Werner, Volunteer Coordinator 760-724-7393
- YOUTH: REFUEL ! • • • • • New, mid-week bible study: "Refuel” 7-9 pm every Thursday in the Youth Center, McKeon Room 14 Time for fellowship/praise and worship Dive into the gospel of the upcoming Sunday liturgy.
- The Feast of All Souls – Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:30am, English, Serra Center *Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be in the Parish Chapel after Mass. 12pm English, Old Mission 5pm, English: Serra Center (Vigil Mass) 7pm Bilingual, Serra Center A Bilingual Mass of Remembrance
- Old Mission San Luis Rey Retreat Center You Deserve a Break Today! Escape the noise and hectic pace of life. Monday, Oct 14th, 9am to 4pm Call 760-757-3659 for more information
- “We give thanks to God unceasingly…” 1 Thes 2:7
- FREE PUBLIC LECTURE The San Damiano Cross and the Gospel of John with Professor Emeritus Fr. Michael Guinan, OFM Wed., October 16th 7pm Call Donna at 547-1800 x 224 for info. The lecture is free, next door at the School of Theology at the Old Mission.
- Tootsie Roll Drive Join the Knights of Columbus as they raise funds to benefit people with intellectual disabilities right here in Oceanside. Donate today! October 19/20TH
- OLD MISSION RETREATS Francis & the Lepers with Br. Bill Short, OFM Saturday, Oct. 19 th 9am to 3pm Call 757-3659 for info and to reserve!
- You Are Invited Called to Serve “It is a privilege to be able to distribute the Body and Blood of Christ at Mass. Being a Eucharistic Minister has brought joy and peace to my faith.” Jane Kathryn Gilligan Causee Eucharistic Lectors Ministers Please call: Marta Werner, Volunteer Coordinator 760-724-7393
- World Mission Sunday Collection Next Sunday, October 20th, 2013 Pope John Paul II set this day aside for Catholics worldwide to recommit themselves to the Church's missionary activity through prayer and sacrifice.
- TRAFFIC NEWS ALERT Traffic coming to the 7am, 8am and 10am Masses from Rancho del Oro, Benet and Airport Road will not be able to cross over the 76. Please take Mission Avenue.
- Thinking About FRANCISCAN SPIRITUALITY St. Francis of Assisi, recognized that every human life is sacred, each a gift from God.
- FREE PUBLIC LECTURE Building a Life of Faith Together: the Franciscan Way with Dr. Darleen Pryds, Associate Professor of Christian Spirituality Save the Date! Wed., Nov. 20th Call 547-1800 x 224 for info.
- New Parishioners Save time, money and gas! Register for the parish online! Go to: www.sanluisreyparish.org >Home Page >Newcomers Welcome > Registration
- You Are Invited Called to Serve “Being a member of the Bereavement Ministry is an uplifting experience. Focusing on a loved one’s life, we share in the tears and laughter as we plan a meaningful celebration of life.” Elizabeth Kathryn Muszynski Causee Bereavement Lectors Ministry Please call: Marta Werner, Volunteer Coordinator 760-724-7393
- TEEN CENTER OPEN ! • • • • • Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 3pm to 5 pm in the Youth Center, McKeon Room 14 Fun place for homework Or just hang out and enjoy each others company