There is a new approach to growing startups popularized by Eric Ries: "Lean Startup". Basic idea is that each startup should be as flexible as possible, should create rapid prototypes and test market assumptions using these prototypes. Flexibility is key to success (or at least to find out that your idea is not that good :-).Bayram and Oleg will explain how this approach is being used in Empatika and will present a real story about Squeek app they developed and marketed. Key topics covered:1. Lean Startup - a new approach to growing startups2. Flexibility is key to success3. Pivots: don't afraid to fail4. Key performance indicators (KPI) for an IT startup6. Lessons Learned and action items.
1. Lean Start-up Insiders Story http://squeek.ru
2. Bayram Annakov Oleg Parinov crazy CEO JDI Project Manager
3. WTF is start-up? WTF is lean?
4. WTF = wikipedia to foolsLean Startup is a concept coined (and trademarked) by Eric Ries. Ries writes that lean startups are born out of the following three trends: 1. use of free and open source software, 2. application of agile software development methods, and 3. ferocious customer-centric rapid iteration, as exemplied by the Customer Development process.Lean Startup initially advocates the creation of rapid prototypes designed to test market assumptions, and uses customer feedback to evolve them much faster than via more traditional softwareengineering practices, such as the Waterfall model. It is not uncommon to see Lean Startups release new code to production multiple times a day, often using a practice known as ContinuousDeployment.According to the New York Times, "The term lean start-up was coined by Mr. Ries, 31, an engineer, entrepreneur and blogger. His inspiration, he says, was the lean manufacturing process, ne-tuned in Japanese factories decades ago and focused on eliminating any work or investment that doesnt produce value for customers." Lean Startup is sometimes described as Lean Thinking applied to the entrepreneurial process. A central tenet of Lean Thinking is to reduce waste. Lean Startup processes reduce waste byincreasing the frequency of contact with real customers, therefore testing and avoiding incorrect market assumptions as early as possible. This approach attempts to improve on historicalentrepreneurial tactics by reducing the work required to assess assumptions about the market, and to decrease the time it takes a business to nd market traction. This is referred to as MinimumViable Product.In The Entrepreneurs Guide to Customer Development, Brant Cooper and Patrick Vlaskovits add a fourth element, and that is the use of powerful, low-cost and easy-to-use analytics. While somecharacteristics of lean startups have been practiced for years, the conuence of these trends is a recent phenomenon and offers the potential for unprecedented "speed of iteration" or "number oflearning cycles per dollar" as business hones in on product-market t.
5. Our story
6. Nov2010 Mobile Ad
7. Mobile AdDeveloper Advertiser Advertising Network