(a) theregisteredowneroftheshipor(b) a person who has assumed responsibility for the
operation of the ship from the owner and who, onassuming the responsibility,hasagreed to takeover theobligations imposedon theownerof the shipunder theConvention(L.N.139of2016)
Convention ( ) means the International Convention onStandards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping forSeafarers,1978,as fromtime to timerevisedoramendedbyany revision or amendment to any provision of suchConventionthatappliestoHongKong(L.N.139of2016)
passenger ship ( ) means a ship carrying more than 12passengers(L.N.139of2016)
roropassengership()meansaroropassengershipasdefined in Regulation I/1 of the Convention (L.N. 139 of2016)
seagoingpassengership()meansapassengershipotherthan onewhich navigates exclusively in one ormore of thefollowingareas(a) inlandwaters(b) waterswithin,orcloselyadjacentto,shelteredwaters(c) areaswhereportregulationsapply(L.N.139of2016)
STCWCode ( )means the Seafarers Training,Certification and Watchkeeping Code published by theInternational Maritime Organization, as from time to timerevised or amended by any revision or amendment to anyprovisionofsuchCodethatappliestoHongKong.(L.N. 104of2001L.N.139of2016)
2. Application(1) Subjecttosubsection(1A),thisRegulationappliesto
(a) all seagoingpassenger ships that areHongKong shipsand
(b) allseagoingpassengershipsthat(i) arenotHongKongships(ii) arewithinthewatersofHongKongand
(iii) have entered thosewaters in the normal course ofbusiness or for operational reasons. (L.N. 139 of2016)
(1A) ThisRegulationdoesnotapplyto(a) ships ownedor operated by a government and engaged
onlyongovernmentalnoncommercialservice(b) fishingvessels(c) pleasureyachtsnotengagedintradeor(d) woodenshipsofprimitivebuild.(L.N.139of2016)
(2) TheAuthoritymay grant exemptions from all or any of theprovisionsofthisRegulationforclassesofcasesorindividualcases on such conditions, if any, as he thinks fit and may,subject to giving reasonable notice, alter or cancel any suchexemption.
4. Training(1) The company and themaster of a shipmust ensure that the
following seafarers on the ship have completed training incrowdmanagement as specified in sectionAV/2, paragraph1oftheSTCWCode(L.N.139of2016)(a) master(b) officersand(c) ratingsandotherpersonneldesignatedonthemusterlist
toassistpassengersinemergencysituations.(2) (RepealedL.N.139of2016)(3) The company and the master of a ship must ensure that all
personnelontheshipwhoprovidedirectservicetopassengersin passenger spaces have completed safety training asspecified in sectionAV/2, paragraph 2 of the STCWCode.(L.N.139of2016)
(4) The company and themaster of a roro passenger shipmustensurethatthefollowingseafarersontheshiphavecompletedapproved training in passenger safety, cargo safety and hullintegrity as specified in section AV/2, paragraph 4 of theSTCWCode(L.N.139of2016)(a) master(b) chiefmates(c) chiefengineerofficers(d) secondengineerofficers(e) everypersonassignedimmediateresponsibilityfor
(i) embarkinganddisembarkingpassengers(ii) loading,dischargingorsecuringcargoor(iii) closinghullopenings.
(5) The company and themaster of a shipmust ensure that thefollowing seafarers on the ship have completed approvedtraining in crisis management and human behaviour asspecified in sectionAV/2, paragraph 3 of the STCW Code(L.N.139of2016)
(a) master(b) chiefmates(c) chiefengineerofficers(d) secondengineerofficers(e) any person designated on the muster list to have the
responsibility for thesafetyofpassengers inemergencysituations.
(6) The company and themaster of a shipmust ensure that theseafarers,exceptthemaster,ontheshiprequiredtobetrainedin accordancewith subsection (1), (4) or (5) (L.N. 139 of2016)(a) undertake, at intervals not exceeding 5 years, refresher
trainingapprovedbytheAuthorityor(b) provide, at intervals not exceeding5 years, evidence to
(6A) Thecompanyofashipmustensurethatthemasterontheshiprequiredtobetrainedinaccordancewithsubsection(1),(4)or(5) undertakes, at intervals not exceeding 5 years, refreshertrainingapprovedbytheAuthority.(L.N.104of2001)
(7) Forthepurposesofsubsections(6)and(6A),repetitionoftheinitial trainingmaybe regardedassatisfactorycompletionoftherefreshertraining.(L.N.104of2001)
(a) theAuthorityor(b) thegovernmentofastatepartytotheConvention.(L.N.
5. DocumentaryevidenceThe company and the master of a ship must ensure that everyseafarerontheshiprequiredtobetrainedinaccordancewithsection4(1),(3),(4)or(5)hasobtainedfromthepersonwhoprovidedthetrainingdocumentaryevidenceon theseafarerscompletionof thetraining.
6. Offencesandpenalties(1) Acompanywhocontravenessection4(1), (3), (4), (5), (6)or
(2) A master who contravenes section 4(1), (3), (4), (5) or (6)or5commitsanoffenceandisliableonconvictiontoafineatlevel3andtoimprisonmentfor2years.