4 User Onboarding Hacks Using SMS Messages
- 4 USER ONBOARDING TEXT HACKS FOR MOBILE & WEB APPS
- TEXT MESSAGE HACKS FOR WEB APPS
- #1 THE CHECK UP
- A FOLLOW UP TEXT IS LESS SPAMMY. SEND A TEXT AFTER AN INTIAL INTERATION LIKE A SUPPORT TICKET OR CHAT HERE’S AN EXAMPLE OF ONE… !
- Text after you’ve communicated another way ﬁrst Schedule soon after talking so they remember you Make your SMS short, personal, and to the point
- #2 PAYMENT ISSUES TEXT
- DON’T LOSE A CUSTOMER BECAUSE OF A PAYMENT FORM TYPO, OFFER TO HELP BY TEXT LIKE THIS… !
- When you notice an incomplete purchase, reach out Be proactive and don’t lose a customer
- TEXT MESSAGE HACKS FOR MOBILE APPS
- #3 GIVE A DISCOUNT
- SEND A TEXT TO NUDGE ON THE FENCE USERS AND TO REMIND OTHERS TO ACTUALLY BUY TRY A TEXT LIKE THIS ONE… !
- Texting a timely promo code isn’t spam, it’s helpful Remove all “salesy” copy, add a real discount, and your text is welcome
- #4 ASK QUESTIONS
- BETTER ONBOARDING COMES FROM FEEDBACK, TALKING TO USERS GETS FEEDBACK TEXT A QUESTION TO USERS LIKE THIS ONE… !
- Get feedback from certain users, after reaching a certain goal Make sure your text beneﬁts them more than it helps you
- SO WHAT NOW?
- SEND AN AUTOMATED ONBOARDING TEXT (click me)
- LEARN MORE ONBOARDING TRICKS USING EMAIL & PUSH (click me)
Event-based SMS marketing is rarely used for mobile app and web app marketing. But there's no reason to avoid it if you do it right. 95% of text messages are opened…