Asking where someone is from and responding
Embed Size (px)
This PowerPoint revises Unit 3 grammar and vocabulary.
- 1. Asking where someone is from and responding
- 2. Key Vocabulary
- 3. Lets revise the basics
When changing a Japanese sentence to a question form, you simply add at the end of the sentence.
You may remember the question Or They both end with
- 4. Asking where someone is from
Where are you from? (although the literal meaning is more like Where did you come from)
This is another way of asking Where are you from?
- 5. Responding to the question
There are 2 ways of responding to the previous question.
1. Country name
2. Country name
3. Country name
- 6. Lets go through some country names in Japanese!
- 16. Putting them in a sentence
If you are from Japan, the sentence will be:OR
If you are from Australia, the sentence will be:OR
- 17. Saying your Nationality
Saying your nationality in Japanese is very easy if you already know the country name.
All you have to do is to add after the country name.