Live Beyond The Edge Of Reason
uneet Puri was hooked to a life in the outdoors ever
since her father took her rock climbing at the age of 5.
Trekking and climbing have been a passion with her
and she has been trekking the Uttarakhand Himalayas since her
school days. She has also trekked in Nepal. She is something of
a dare devil and to challenge herself she often treks solo.
hashi Bahuguna has been an avid trekker and climber most of her life. She is almost a mountain goat, having grown up in a Kamouni Village and having spent her
childhood in the arms of the mountains. She met Anusha and Guneet on an expedition in the Himalayas. She too treks solo or Alpine style when the mood takes her. She is also a trained rescuer.
nusha Subramanian, an award winning journalist, started her trekking career in the Sayadri ranges at the tender age of 7 and had covered most of it by the
time she reached her teens. She started walking the Himalayas in 2006 and has trekked across all 5 Himalayan states. She has also trekked extensively abroad.
The Bohemian Way
ur philosophy with regards to BA is simple, "of the mountains, for the mountains and by the mountains".
We view the mountains as our home and as we do what we do best here, climb and trek, we also aim to give back to our
home by providing a sustainable economic scenario to its residents.
As far as possible we try to provide our clients a glimpse into the
lives of the mountain folk, their culture and traditions with home stays along our trek routes.
Our vision for the years to come includes the promotion of women
in the sport of mountaineering both as team leaders and guides. We also hope to lead by example by having stricter and more
stringent safety and environmental guidelines implemented in the Himalayas.
Day From To Distance/Time Altitude
Day 1 Dehradun Taluka 196km/6hrs (by
Day 2 Taluka Seema/Osla 13km/7hrs 2559m
Day 3 Seema/Osla Har Ki Doon 11km/5-6hrs 3566m
Day 4 Har Ki Doon (Walk to Har Ki Doon
rest house and surrounding areas. 5km/4hrs
Day 5 Har Ki Doon Seema/Osla
Day 6 Seema/Osla Taluka 13km/4-5hrs
Taluka Dehradun 196km/6hrs (by
In a time when Gods walked among men and great battles were fought for honour a mythical mountain found its way into the hearts of the people. A
mountain that became the path that the Pandavas and Draupadi took to ascend to heaven. To this day this mountain, Swargarohini, held scared in the hearts of
millions exudes an undeniable allure. It is this pull that you will experience as we walk closer to getting a glimpse of it.
Har Ki Doon Jaundhar Glacier - Ruinsara Tal
Your path no matter how far it may take you will meander across quaint villages, romantic fields and forests of Oak, Willow and Walnut and across lush meadows.
Forests change as the altitude increases and Oaks give way to Pines and Rhododendron.
The valleys, ridges and meadows hide unimaginable treasures here. Meadow walks reveal lakes like the Ruinsara Tal and beyond the Tal and the glacier are
magnificent Himalayan views that not only take your breath away but also drive home the immense beauty hidden in the world of nature.
The terrain too changes systematically almost as if it were mimicking the moods of the plant life around it. Steep patches of forest suddenly turn into rolling slops
of grassy meadows. This trek stays true to the legend of Swaragarohini and shows you the path to heaven.
The cost of the trek is Rs 18,000/- per person Note: This cost is subject to a minimum of 6 persons.
1. Lodging and meals for all members of the team for the number of trekking days mentioned above. All stay will be on a twin sharing basis. (Stay in a hotel in Uttarkashi and tents on the trek)
2. Meals enroute from Dehradun to Dehradun. 3. Experienced and rescue trained, English speaking trekking leader and guides
(1 guide to every 3 clients). 4. All National Park permits, camping and trekking fees. 5. All porterage charges (Includes porter fees, stay, meals, equipment, etc.)
Please note that a maximum of 15kgs of luggage is permissible per person for the trek.
6. The cost also includes a Service Tax of 4.5%. 7. Medical First Aid in case of minor ailments. 8. Land transport from Dehradun to Dehradun. SUVs for transport (Scorpio,
Innova, Bolero or similar vehicle). 9. Trail pack for the trek days. 10. All equipment required for the trek. 3 man tents, toilet tent, kitchen tent,
basic camp furniture (tables and chairs), sleeping bag, sleeping mat. 11. All meals served will be vegetarian, however, they will pan several cuisines. 3
meals will be served on the trek. There will also be evening snacks with tea.
1. Any and all personal expenses incurred outside of the items mentioned in the Cost includes section.
2. Travel from City of Origin to Dehradun.
3. Travel to City of Origin from Dehradun.
4. Meals while on journey from City of Origin to Dehradun.
5. Meals on departure day from Dehradun onwards.
6. Excess stay either before the trek dates or after the trek is over.
7. Hiring of extra porters/ponies during the trek.
8. Excess boarding and lodging incurred due to bad weather.
9. Any expenses arising from a medical illness or rescue needed due to high altitude sickness or any other ailment/injury/accident that requires more than basic First Aid.
10. Soft and alcoholic beverages, laundry charges, cigarettes and telephone expenses, Souvenirs, collectibles bought during the course of the trip.
11. Tips paid to any party during the course of the trip.
12. Contingency charges in case of delay due to weather/accident or illness of self or any other group member. Act of god/or any situation out of control for the trip leader/conductor .
1. Bohemain Adventures will take utmost care to see to it that your trip is
successful and without any glitches. However, the participants will enrol for these trips at their own will and risk. BA will not be responsible for any illness, injury or accident encountered.
2. All participants will adhere to the environment codes attached along with the itinerary.
3. Please fill in the requisite guest information form and the indemnity bond and mail it back to us.
4. In case any individual decides to drop out of the trek after the trek commences, the decision to continue will lie with the rest of the team members. The team member opting to return will be escorted back to the road-head. However, the individual will have to bear the additional cost of the accompanying porters and any additional nights spent in a camp site.
Terms and Conditions
6. Participants are expected to take utmost care of their personal belongings and
of the equipment being given to them. The cost of repairing or replacing damaged equipment will be borne by the participant. BA will not be responsible for the damage or loss of any personal belonging during the course of the trek.
7. BA reserves the right of admission to any participant on the trip depending on the fitness condition of the participant.
8. BA reserves the right to change the itinerary in the best interest of all participants, keeping in mind the weather conditions.
9. Participants may be requested to help out in certain camp activities for their own learning and merriment.
10. The consumption of alcohol (in any form) is NOT permitted on the trek.
Terms and Conditions
1. Participants will be confirmed only on 50% payment of the total cost of the trek at least 1 month in advance and after a duly filled in participation/guest form is received by BA.
2. The balance payment can be made through channels mentioned in the Mode of Payment at least two weeks prior to the departure.
3. Payment will be made in accordance with the payment modes only. 4. Cancellation: 100% of the payment will be retained if the cancellation is made
less than a week prior to departure. Cancellation 7-14 days prior to departure will result in 50% retention of total amount, cancellation between 15-21 days will result in 25% retention of total amount and cancellation 21 or more days prior to departure will result in 10% of the total amount being retained.
5. In the event of the cancellation of a trip due to any act of god such as earthquakes, floods or any other natural calamity BA will refund the entire amount to the participants (less the administrative and handling expenses.)
Payment and Cancellation
Payment for the trek can be made via cheque deposit, cash deposit or an online transfer with the following details:
Name: M/s Bohemian Adventures
Account No: 34367953806 Bank: State Bank of India
Branch: PBB Vasant Vihar, Dehradun IFS Code: SBIN0004207
50/1, Vasant Vihar, Dehradun - 248006 Ph: +91-8171284283, +91-941088336, +91-9820403174